2020 edition , 4 days in Chantonnay
4 days in Chantonnay… is to walk as you please !
– The possibility to walk 1, 2, 3 or 4 days.
– Each day a different route and the choice between various distances : 8, 12, 21, 28 and 42 km (Those distances can vary +/-2 km).
– A night walk on Friday.
– A walk open to servicemen.
Walking at your own pace and in a friendly and nature-respecting atmosphere, in a non-competitive walking event.
The BMLD / The Long Distance Walk Award
– 200km on a non signposted route and without any assistance : Time limit : 75hrs
– 120km on a non signposted route and without any assistance : Time limit : 45hrs
Our association is a member of the International Marching League (IML), the French Hiking Fédération (FFRP), and the French Fédération of Popular Sports (IVV). The 85th French Department Committee of the Vendée awarded to us the title of “Nature Walk”.
In 2020: 21st May, 22nd May, 23rd May and 24th May.
21th Edition of the 4 Days of Walking in Chantonnay.
Think about carpooling for your journey to Chantonnay.
Chantonnay, Gymnase Clemenceau, Avenue Georges Clemenceau 85110 Chantonnay
Coordonnées G.P.S : N 46°40.984’ – W 1°02.964’.
Bus departure times
- From 6.45 am-7.30 am for 42km walk
- From 7.00 am-8.30 am for 28km walk
- From 7.30 am-9.00 am for 21km walk
- From 8.30 am-10.00 am for 12km and 8km walks
Free coffee and brioche will be available at the start before you commence your walk.
– During the walk :
Refreshments on the route and on arrival.
– Arrival :
Chantonnay – Parc Clemenceau ; last arrival 17.00
Out of respect for the environment, we do not give drinking cups at the refreshment stations, so please bring your own. Thank you.
Night walk :
Friday, 22nd May Distance of about 12 km – leaving the Gymnase Clemenceau, at 8:30 pm sharp (Bring a torch!).
A traditional Vendée meal of Ham and Mogettes will be available on arrival.
– Preferably by internet, go « Registration », bring the form with you and pay in Gymnase Clemenceau.
it is now possible to pay on-line.
– By mail, detach the registration form and return it with payment (cheque payable to R4JCV) to the following address :
R4JCV – TOURIST OFFICE Place de la Liberté – BP 59 – 85111 CHANTONNAY CEDEX
Tel: +00 33 2 44 40 20 16
Last minute and on the day at Clemenceau Gymnasium, Avenue Georges Clemenceau, Chantonnay
- Tuesday 19th May from 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- Wednesday 20th May from 10.00am to 18.00pm
- Thursday 21st May, Friday 22nd May, Saturday 23rd May and Sunday 24th May from 6.30am until departure.
It is possible to register and pay on the day.
42Km – 10€
28Km – 9€
21Km – 7.5€
12Km – 6€
8Km – 5€
Nocturne – 8€
Reduction for children under 10 : – 1€/walk
Registration at Salle Clemenceau from thursday 21/05/2020 = 1€/walk extra
Rando-passes are not posted, they must be picked up on the day of your walk or beforehand at the Clemenceau Gymnasium on Tuesday, 19th May between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm or Wednesday, 20th May from 10.00 am to 18.00 pm.
By subscribing to the R4JCV you agree not to return to visit private properties that you have already walked through earlier.